Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli From Scratch

Once I've successfully made my own homemade ricotta cheese I can't wait to turn it into ravioli or lasagna. I choose ravioli this time. Lasagna would be on my what-to-bake list. 

For the pasta dough I use 100 grams semolina, 100 grams all-purpose flour and 2 eggs. Mix all together, knead until smooth, then roll out the dough as thin as possible.  

The pasta sheet is ready to be filled!

For the filling I mix ricotta with steamed spinach and egg yolk, then seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add grated parmesan if you have it handy. Spoon the mixture into the pasta sheet, make spaces. 


Brush the spaces with egg white, then cover with another sheet of pasta. Press between the filling to seal the sheets together. Cut into rectangles and you're done!


To serve, boil the ravioli for about five minutes, drain, and serve with your choice of sauce. I think they are best served with homemade marinara sauce. 

For more detailed instructions check out these links below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

valentine offer ;)