Homemade Crackers

One day I took my son out all day, from morning until late in the afternoon. I brought along his homemade food but he refused to touch it. Even when my husband and I had lunch at a restaurant he just tasted a little of my meal but seemed not interested to eat. Feeling worried of him barely ate anything aside breast milk we stopped by a convenience store, bought some bread and a pack of whole meal crackers (I’ve glared at the ingredients written on the package and I thought it was the most nutritious one that I could find in store-bought biscuits). My son rejected the bread but liked the crackers so much.
Later at home I thought of baking him homemade crackers so I’d know for sure what they contain. I browsed the web for a recipe and found so many of them. They are homemade versions of store-bought crackers, familiar ones you may find at supermarkets.
This is the first thing I was intrigued to try:

Fish Crackers

Fishes in the Pond

Actually I’ve never tasted the real Goldfish Crackers so I can’t tell the difference. But these cheesy fishes are good. Taste like baked cheese, as it is the main ingredient. And look at those cute little shapes; they are quite entertaining for my toddler.

Next are Whole Meal Crackers

In my opinion, the recipe is waaay too sweet. On the first try, I halved the sugar and substituted the molasses with honey. And the crackers were still really-really sweet. My toddler liked them, but then he got very thirsty and drank so much water after eating them. On the second try I skipped the honey completely and they came out better. Tasted pretty similar with the one I usually buy. The recipe is simple to make, I’m definitely gonna bake them often. Bye-bye store-bought crackers!

Oh, by the way, as I was making them for my toddler doesn’t mean that they are only good for toddler’s appetite. They could satisfy adults too. This is what I’m planning to try next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

valentine offer ;)