Nice Chocolate Muffins

 

These ones may not look very tempting but here's the story. I was planning on making some chocolate cupcakes for my dad's birthday. I was following this recipe when I realized I poured too much water to the batter. I halved the recipe but forgot to halved the amount of water. It was too runny. I couldn't stand wasting butter and cocoa so I did a quick recipe-switch. I remembered having successfully made muffins from pancake batter before so I turned this runny batter into one. The difference is, when you need a well-mixed batter for making pancakes, you can't do that when baking muffins. You need the batter to be lumpy.

Long story short, when I tasted the result I was pretty much satisfied. They had a nice, soft and moist texture. So much better from the ones I made before. So much for a once-failed batter, don't you think? I am so gonna make them again next time so I wrote down the recipe before I forget.

Nice Chocolate Muffins
by Cokelatia

1/2 cups butter, melted, mix with:
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa, and
3/4 cups boiling water.
let it cool for a while, then add:
1 sachet (42 grams) sweet condensed milk
(or simply substitute water with fresh milk and omit the sweet condensed milk), then beat in:
1 egg, lightly beaten.

Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl:
1 cup flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cups palm sugar
1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, all at once, stir a little. Do not over mix. Lumps are good.
Pour into paper cups. Sprinkle with some chocolate jimmies. Bake at 180 Celsius until well risen, top is nicely cracked, and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

valentine offer ;)