Klappertaart, My Way


Yesterday I had some young coconut meat that no one would eat and I really wanted to make klappertaart out of it but didn't have all the ingredients. Plus I was too lazy to follow the original recipe so I just made my own modification. I'll write the modified recipe here for the next time laziness strikes me again.

Klappertaart The Lazy Way

Ingredients:
330 mL fresh milk
80 g granulated sugar
15 g all-purpose flour
35 g cornstarch
1 egg
50 g butter/margarine
about 100 g young coconut meat
about 50 g raisins plus more for topping
finely ground cinnamon

Methods:
Mix flour and cornstarch with 70 ml milk until well blended, set aside.
Boil the rest of milk and sugar. Add flour mix, stir until thicken. Remove from heat.
Stir in butter/margarine, mix well. Add egg, mix well. Mix in coconut meat and raisins.
Pour the batter into a 18 cm round baking dish. Sprinkle with more raisins and cinnamon. Bake until set.
Serve cold (tastes better the next day after refrigerated all night).


But you might want to try the original recipe, it looks so tempting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

valentine offer ;)