Breakfast Apple Cake
What a perfect breakfast to start your day, an apple cake with apple slices topping. I enjoyed it with hubby while we're listening to the chirping birds outside and we both finished the whole pan. A happy morning!
Apple Cake Recipe
Ingredients (for 18 cm round cake):
90 grams cake flour
90 grams sugar
80 grams butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons honey
- Whisk butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one by one.
- Shift together flour and baking powder, stir into the batter until combine.
- Peel and core the apple then divide into 8 parts (or just slice thinly).
- Pour the batter into buttered cake pan, top with apple slices.
- Bake at 180 centigrade for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. When done, glaze the cake with honey.
The Apple Cake recipe is from a manga titled Delicious!